Portland, Oregon’s largest city, sits on the Columbia and Willamette rivers, in the shadow of snow-capped Mount Hood. It’s known for its parks, bridges and bicycle paths, as well as for its eco-friendliness and its microbreweries and coffeehouses. Iconic Washington Park encompasses sites from the formal Japanese Garden to Oregon Zoo and its railway. The city hosts thriving art, theater and music scenes.
- Getting Here – Everything you need to know about arriving in Portland by plane or train.
- Getting Around – Learn how easy it is to travel by light rail, streetcar, bus, bike, foot or car.
- Maps – Find maps of the city and region and specialized transportation maps.
- Food & Drink – “America’s best food city offers farm-to-table dining, innovative food carts, acclaimed craft beer, stellar coffee and more.” (Washington Post, December 2015)
- Activities & Attractions – Portland’s unexpected attractions range from gardens and museums to retailers of coffee, doughnuts and books, while tax-free shopping, cycling and hiking top the to-do list.
Overlooking the Willamette River, the Portland Marriott Downtown Waterfront Hotel is within 0.5 miles of both Portland State University and the Oregon Historical Society.
Please Note: The committee will neither act as a guarantor nor issue any documents to guarantee your identity. Please, contact the embassy of your country by yourself to confirm how long it will take to acquire your visa and apply your visa well in advance. For inquires and requests regarding visa, please contact the Conference Secretariat.
Conditions to receive a visa:
- Have a paper accepted onto the ICSOS 2019 Program
- Have registered and paid in full for ICSOS 2019
All the authors of accepted papers can generate their visa letters through the EDAS system (if you have any problems, please click the help tab in EDAS):
- Log into EDAS site (https://edas.info/), and find your paper under “My papers”.
• You will find in the properties column the words “Visa letter”, and beside it, an image of a police officer.
• Click on this image, and you will be able to confirm or change your address information reflected in the letter.
• Then the system will generate the letter for your use.
Non-authors should request their visa letters from the Registrar. Requests for hard copy visa assistance letters should be made at http://visa.comsoc.org. Non-authors will not receive a visa letter until the registration for the conference has been completed and paid in full.
Authors may acquire visa also through:
The official hotel for ICSOS 2019 is: Portland Marriott Downtown Waterfront
Due to commitments for the number of rooms to be occupied, we would appreciate if attendees attempt to stay at this hotel.
If you have other preferences, please choose the hotel of your preference via THIS link.